The Pew Research Center recently released a 10-year study on social media usage by Americans and one thing is clear: social media is here to stay. Social media has played an important role in people’s lives for years as a communication tool. Everything from private family matters to the 2016 presidential election are shared, discussed, and influenced on social media. The study shows that 79% of Americans are now active on social media, which further proves that social media has become the global watering hole.
With billions of people active on social media daily, the channel has unprecedented potential as a marketing platform. Everyone from the biggest brands to the smallest shops are utilizing Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and more to build relationships with their customers, drive conversions, and build brand loyalty. Many, if not all, of your competitors are utilizing these channels, so there has never been a better time to make social media a priority.
Curious just how impactful social media is? Here are some of the key takeaways from the Pew Research Center study:
• 62% of online adults get news on Facebook
• More than 35% of social media users have used social media to search for, research, share, or apply for a job
• 35% of adults 18 – 29 years old name social media a the most helpful source for learning about the 2016 presidential election
• 79% of online adults use Facebook
• 32% of online adults use Instagram
• 31% of online adults use Pinterest
• 29% of online adults use LinkedIn
• 24% of online adults use Twitter
• 76% of facebook users visit daily
• 29% of online adults use messaging apps
• 62% of Americans 65+ years old use Facebook
• 72% of Americans 50 – 64 years old use Facebook
• 84% of Americans 30 – 49 years old use Facebook
• 88% of Americans 18 – 29 years old use Facebook
Long story short, social media is here to stay. If you’d like to learn more about how you can make social media part of your marketing strategy, feel free to contact us for more information.