What an honor to make it into the top ten on Outside Magazine’s 2012 “Best Places to Work” list! We knew we had a good thing going here at BTM WHQ, but who knew we’d be so lucky as to finish near the top with so many outstanding companies in the running. We really owe it to ouramazing team – they are what make Blue Tent such an awesome company.
In looking over the survey responses, there were some consistent themes that people highlighted about what makes Blue Tent such a great place to work:
- Culture: Being part of group of passionate, like-minded professionals driven to excel – yet in a laid-back, easy-going and collaborative work environment.
- Location: Being in the Rocky Mountains between Aspen and Carbondale makes it easy to enjoy a healthy mountian lifestyle (hiking, riding, skiing, fishing, etc.) on a regular basis.
- Flexibility: Everyone seems to appreciate having flexibility and freedom to break away during the workweek, and to work remotely from time-to-time as well.
- Office: Our recently remodled office space has had a huge impact on our work environment and overall well-being.
We’re fortunate to be able to work with so many talented individuals, that together form an incredible team that’s focused on creating first-rate internet marketing solutions for our clients throughout the country. While this award is certainly a huge accomplishment for Blue Tent, it also motivates us to look at our company to see where we can improve. Inspired by some of the other outstanding companies in the group, we’re exploring ways that we can continue to contribute and grow in the following areas:
- Philanthropy: Encouraging and supporting employees to support and participate in giving back to the community through non-profit organizations.
- Environment: Continue working on our environmental efforts such as investing in solar energy and computer recycling.
- Benefits: Expanding and improving our benefits programs such as health care and creating a profit sharing plan.
At the end of the day, we’re blown-away at what Blue Tent has become over the past 10 years, we’re super-excited about the award form Outside Magazine, and we’re looking forward to how we can make BTM even better in the years to come!