So, what is #BookDirect Day?
#BookDirect Day is an online initiative created to educate vacation rental guests about the benefits of booking direct as opposed to using an online travel agency (OTA). Every year, on the first Wednesday in February, vacation rental managers utilize email marketing campaigns and the #BookDirect hashtag on social media to promote benefits and incentives for guests who book directly.
When is #BookDirect Day in 2023?
This year’s #BookDirect Day is Wednesday, February 1st.
Why should you run #BookDirect Day campaigns?
Because they work! For example, one Bluetent Insider attributed $86K in direct-booking revenue to their 2022 #BookDirect Day email!
What are some #BookDirect marketing ideas our team recommends?
On #BookDirect Day:
- Post custom images with the #bookdirect hashtag on all of your social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Send an email campaign to your guest database highlighting the benefits of booking direct versus OTAs.
- Include some of the benefits in your messaging! Some of those benefits are: support of local businesses, savings on service fees, and access to expert, local help with all aspects of vacation planning.
- Add a page on your website that include all the benefits of booking direct.
- Serve a targeted audience with paid digital ads promoting a specific book direct incentive.
- Write a blog post about the advantages of booking directly with your company versus the guest experience when booking through an OTA.
- Offer a repeat guest discount or special offer when they book direct!
To promote awareness year-round:
- The Bluetent Team is here to support your year-round marketing efforts. Our team will develop marketing campaigns that will boost your direct bookings, increase your brand exposure, and connect with more travelers. Let our team create a customized marketing plan for your brand! Your customized plan should include:
- an email marketing strategy to connect with your past guests and potential new guests who have contacted you about their vacation
- search engine optimization with organic content on your website
- Pay-Per-Click campaigns to boost you brand
- social media paid ads retargeting your website visitors
- Create a Book Direct landing page on your website that highlights the benefits of booking direct and — more specifically — the benefits of booking with your expert, local, and dedicated team.