When it comes to helping Bluetent Insiders with creative email marketing ideas, Director of Email Marketing, Eric Taylor, is the man for the job. Here are a few email tips Eric has to help Insiders combat the effect of higher gas prices.
Segment your email send list to target travelers most interested in what you are offering:
- Geo-target based on those on your database who are within driving distance.
- Target past guests who don’t have a future reservation and stayed during the same time frame.
- Add personalization to these emails to reference their previous stay (ex: first name, property name, vacation dates) to show you know your guests and understand their preferences.
Incentivize your email:
- Offer gas gift cards, “We’ll pay your gas”, by offering a gift card (ex $50) to a local gas station (also supports local business).
- Add a discount/promo code to help push those on the fences. Even if it’s a small percentage, the perception of receiving a deal can make a big difference.
Promote weeks that need more business:
- Link to your rental search page with these dates pre-filled (see image).
- Include the number of properties with remaining availability to express a sense of urgency and also adds a positive social proof element “all those other folks are doing it.”
- Promote open properties. You can sort by location or amenities “oceanfront, pet-friendly, pool.”
Interesting in brainstorming more fresh email marketing ideas?
CONNECT WITH US