Are you listing your properties on Airbnb? If not, here are some good reasons (with data provided by Airbnb) to consider connecting to the channel through your Boost subscription:
1. 50% of new Airbnb listings receive a booking in just THREE DAYS!
With a base of over 900 million guests and more than four million people booked via the platform each night, your properties will get exposure like never before. And, a little extra tidbit: in only 8 days, 75% of new listings receive a booking.
2. Airbnb bookings average a low 15% guest cancelation rate.
Anecdotally, many Airbnb hosts see a substantially smaller guest cancelation rate (reporting one or two percent). With cancelation policies ranging from “flexible” to “super strict,” you’ll be able to pick an option that best suits your business.
3. More than 90% of visitors to the Airbnb site arrive via free, direct (otherwise known as upaid) traffic.
What exactly does that mean? It means that all but 10% of travelers visiting the Airbnb site get there from typing a specific query (let’s say Lake Tahoe vacation rentals, for instance) in a search engine. So when you list your properties on Airbnb, you are exposing them to a new audience and diversifying your bookings.
4. Airbnb offers AirCover – Top-to-bottom protection free for every host.
From liability insurance to damage protection, from pet damage protection to income loss protection, Airbnb has you covered for any guest who books through the platform. Read more here.
5. Airbnb’s performance dashboard helps you make strategic decisions
You can access data about their listings, compare with market averages, view occupancy rate, average nightly rate, and more. Read more here.
Do you have more questions about the nitty-gritty details of listing on Airbnb?
If so, check out our OTA toolkit or email our client success team.