We kicked off our 2022 Conference Season in April with 2 amazing conferences! It was wonderful to see all our Bluetent Insiders, partners, and friends in the travel industry. Our team not only got to see so many familiar faces (and some new ones) but we also had the opportunity to attend educational sessions led by some of the most talented people in our industry.
2022 NWVRP Conference
Our first conference of the year was The Northwest Vacation Rental Professionals Annual Conference that was hosted in Seaside, Oregon from April 3rd through April 5th. Our very own Scott Campbell met with over 165 vacation professionals about their digital solutions for their vacation rental businesses, discussing what some of their current business pains are, and trends they are seeing in their area.
Some of the session highlights were:
- Thriving in a competitive marketplace presented by Ryan Dame from Casago Vacation Rentals
- How to Get Homeowners to Never Leave You presented by Sarah Bradford, Owner of Winter Park Lodging Company and Steamboat Lodging Company, co-host of Sarah & T podcast
- Email Marketing – Collecting More Emails & How To Use Them, presented by Oliver Marczynski at Stayfi – one of our partners!
- Let’t not forget the awesome Bluetent swag, handing out our brand new Bluetent blue dry bags, plush beach towels, Boost water bottles, and a chance to enter to win a Yeti Cooler!
2022 VRMA Spring Forum
The following week our team hit the road…. or should we say hit the sky, and met in Chicago, Illinois for the 2022 VRMA Spring Forum! From Sunday, April 10th through Wednesday, April 5th we took to the city and the conference, meeting with so many incredible people from all over the world who attended Spring Forum. Braeden, Amber, Jordan, Kailen, and Scott where able to meet with over 300 vacation professionals and industry partners during the conference and discuss their current digital technology strategy and plans for the future of this evolving industry. In addition to Bluetent, our partners at Streamline, LiveRez, VRM, LSI Tools, RevMax, Lynnbrook Group, and Rental Guardian joined us in the exhibit hall connecting with property managers big and small from all parts of US and a few traveled in from companies overseas! Our team brought some fun with a Spring Forum BINGO card for a chance to win a $200 gift card just by stopping and speaking to all our partners at each of their booths.
Some of the conference highlights
- The General Session “Advocacy General Session: Pandemic, Problems and Politics” with Tiffany Edwards (moderator), Steve Milo, Julie Marks, Toby Babich, Scott Leggat as they navigated how the industry arrived at this point, what we’re working towards, who we are working against and next steps. The panelists shared their personal successes and failures as they have navigated lawsuits, state legislation, local elections and organizing colleagues.
- Current Travel Trends & How Airbnb is Adapting to Them – This session covered recent travel trends, how our partners at Airbnb are adapting to them and how you can adapt to them too
- Monday we kick started our day with our partners at Vrbo as Join Unji Udeshi and Carmela Gillenwater shared more about the new Vrbo brand platform – A Place for Together – along with key data, insights, trends, and actions you can take to drive demand for your business while delivering the best traveler experience.
- The exhibit hall socials we were able to meet with so many wonderful Bluetent Insiders, industry vendors, and other incredible travel industry professionals
- Our friends at Better Talent who hosted free headshots for all attendees
- Lastly the Bluetent swag game was hot with brand new dry bags, beach towels, Boost water bottles, and a chance to enter to win a Yeti Cooler!
Check out where you can see us next at our events page here